Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Week 7: {Negative Space...it's a positive!}

This week's challenge was to involve negative space in my photos.  While I tend to do this a lot anyway, it was fun to be purposeful about it.  Negative space just means space in the picture that is not focused on the subject, and therefore makes the subject stand out more.  Sometimes it is fun to fill the whole frame with your subject, and sometimes it adds a different twist to leave some negative space in there. 
My friend and I took our kiddos out for a little photo adventure in a nearby parking garage.  We went on a saturday so there was hardly anyone there.  The kiddos loved it! They loved running around in a new environment. (Disclaimer: We were very careful to make sure no cars were entering without our knowledge, and there was litterally nobody there) Andrew has just started to walk really well and was enjoying the freedom and chasing around his little friends.  We meant to do this last week to get some Valentine's pictures.  I had a little banner and everything! But sickness kept us away.  I am so thankful all of that is over! I managed to get a few good ones of the boys.  They never cooperate and do what I want them to do, but I guess that is all part of the fun?! Happy Valentines Week!!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment